Close to the Jed water, on an area of flat plain below Hindhaughhead is another farmstead site. It consists of two structures. The first is a line of what might have been five cottages aligned in a NE direction. Adjacent to these is footings of a larger rectangular structure, possibly some form of tower, measuring approximately 31 x 20. Wall thickness is hard to judge due to stone robbing, but something in the region of 4 foot. A boundary or wall of some sort curves round to the NE, to enclose an area by the river.
In the military survey of 1745-48 this site is marked ‘Clessypool’ which might account for the varied naming of the Clessy Tower site close by on the other side of the Jed.